The Town of Erving Massachusetts was founded in 1838 and is located in Franklin County. Erving is made up of three villages Erving Center and Farley and lastly Millers Falls also known as Ervingside. The town was named after John Erving, one of the most successful merchants in America.
Erving is home of the Erving Paper mills since 1905. The town is also host to Laurel Lake and Erving State Forest. Both of these sites possess beach and boathouses as well as picnic areas and tenting areas for both residents and visitors.
Those vacationing or residing in the town should visit the Engine House Museum and the French King Bridge which connects Erving and with the Town of Gill.